ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly full time Surgical Coordinator for our New Rochelle office.
The Surgical Coordinator is responsible for scheduling all surgeries for the physicians in the office. This position reports directly to the Practice Site Administrator.
The overall purpose of this position is to efficiently schedule surgeries for the physician(s) by managing their surgical schedules and act as a patient advocate for our surgical patients.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Schedule all hospital and some in-office surgeries
- Greet patient after the physicians visit
- This may done within the office or by phone call – it is dependent upon the physician(s)/PSA agreed upon work flow
- Discuss details with the patient
- Set up date of surgery according to the physician schedule
- Reassure patient about upcoming surgery
- Address any concerns he/she may have
- Explain to patient their responsibilities and necessary pre-operative requirements, such as pre-op physical with their primary care physician, blood work, EKG’s, etc.
- Schedule pre/post-operative visits with ENT surgeon
- Administer surgical prep packet to patient which contains all required paperwork to be completed prior to surgery
- Contact Hospital Operating Room staff to schedule and confirm the date and time of surgery
- Precertify all surgical procedures with the appropriate insurance company – verify eligibility, deductibles, co pays, coverage of service with precert numbers to be used for billing purposes, prior to services being rendered
- Enter precert information into Next Gen EPM/ EMR
- Collect all deductible amounts prior to surgery
- Run the Orders Report in the EMR, to ensure all surgery orders are followed up (CBO monitors this, as well as the PSA’s)
- All open orders must be reviewed with the appropriate physician within the same month
- 2-3 weeks prior to surgery, contact patient to ensure he or she is following through with all necessary pre-op requirements, and if needed you will also follow up with primary care physician to confirm test results have been sent to both hospital and ENT
- Maintain the chart notes in EMR - it contains all required paperwork in time for pre-op visit with ENT surgeon
- Document all phone calls and discussions with patients in the EHR chart and inform the physician(s) when these occur
- After the pre-op visit with the surgeon – meet with the patient to finalize surgery details
- On the date of surgery - all encounters will be checked-in in NextGen to ensure proper billing follow-up
- After surgery - obtain and file in chart (paper or EMR) all appropriate records, such as op reports, pathology reports, etc.
- Enter Surgical Charge into computer (NextGen) after surgery is performed
- All surgeries must be posted within 72 hours, after the physician has approved the billing
- Coordinate the office scheduling for laser hair removal treatments
- Arrange to have schedule templated which then provides notification to the office staff of when appointments can be made (Each office varies)
- When requested by the physician - review the schedule for days when there are no surgeries scheduled and request the schedule template be opened for the office
- At times, you may be asked to help out in crunch situations at the front desk, back desk, and or help with phone calls, in addition to helping the PSA when they are out on vacation or leave
- This position may require overtime during periods of high volume
- Return all patient telephone calls, received prior to 3pm, on the same business day
- Must be friendly and poised
- Good communication skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize them well
- Flexible working hours-willing to assist others when needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a completely comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- NextGen a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have experience in the medical field and knowledge of medical insurance
- Must have excellent communication and follow up skills
- Great organizational skills
We offer a superior benefits package, including excellent medical and dental coverage.
Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Tel: (914) 333-5800
Fax: (914) 333-2540