ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly full time Help Desk Technician (Tier 1) for our Corporate office.
The Help Desk Technician Tier 1 (Tier 1) role is to serve as the initial point of contact between users and the Information Technology support staff. The Tier 1 resolves issues or dispatches tickets to the appropriate team or member, and tracks these issues when necessary. The Tier 1 provides prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all callers. Tier 1 helpdesk also takes care of purchasing for the department.
Operational Management – Help Desk
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, office location, contact information, and nature of problem/issue, requests, and questions and enters that information into the ConnectWise Helpdesk System in a clear and concise manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk users.
- Prioritize and schedule tickets. Escalate any issues that are estimated to take more than 5 minutes to resolve. The tier one only handles small issues and escalates others to the rest of the team.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up communications (calls / email /ticket update) to ticket requests.
- Develop self-help sheets and frequently asked questions documents for end users as well as technical and policy manuals for the team.
- Resolve all level 1 issues which includes but is not limited to: adding/removing printers, unfreezing users, reporting copier issues to canon, and Microsoft office issues.
- Help to keep IT areas clean and organized at all times.
- Manage printer service and repairs
- Manage Active Directory on user level
- Create and modify NextGen user accounts
- Create and modify Phreesia user accounts
- Open tickets with service providers for sites with issues
- Contact hardware manufacturers to replace and repair broken hardware
- Complete tasks and projects assigned by supervisors on demand
- The department runs very lean. The tier one must self-educate and gain experience in dealing with all appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
Operations Management – Orders and Inventory
- Complete all purchasing requests for the department utilizing purchasing software
- Utilize purchasing software to create P.O’s to purchase, receive and track orders
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Personal Attributes
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 8:30am-5:00pm shift with overtime
- Own a valid driver’s license and may be asked to use your own car to travel to offices if necessary
- May be required to cover night shift if needed
- May be required to cover 7am helpdesk shift if needed
- May be required to cover Saturday shift if needed
- Work Conditions
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- We offer a superior benefits package, including excellent medical and dental coverage.
*Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer*
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591