ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a full time Sleep Referral Coordinator Manager.
The overall purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day operations of the Sleep Referral Coordinator Department and to facilitate the referral, authorization and scheduling of patients referred to the Night and Day Sleep Department.
Such responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Training employees on Nextgen scheduling and EHR systems, Phreesia, and e-requestor, DME compliance sites and HST software, when applicable.
- Facilitating Sleep Study and DME scheduling for patients referred to the Night and Day Sleep department from internal and external providers.
- Educating staff regarding job requirements and expectations. Works with Human Resources and the Director of Operations to address staffing concerns such as personnel conflicts, performance issues, and staffing shortages. Documents personnel problems in employee records. Counsels staff when necessary.
- Throughout the day the SRC manager assists with answering phones, scheduling/authorizing studies and patient follow-up.
- Ensuring that the SRC staff is up to date on processing referrals and in compliance with departmental scheduling policies, by auditing scheduling reports and staff productivity.
- At times the SRC manager may accept the hand-off of patient/physician complaints and issues that the staff may escalate.
- Reviewing the Lab/HST schedules in Nextgen to ensure that discrepancies between the Nextgen and tech schedules are addressed for over and under scheduling.
- Ensuring that appropriate stock of HST equipment is on site at CBO. Trains staff on E-Requestor, when necessary.
- Reviewing the encounters with no charges report for CBO HST open charges.
- Initiating suggestions to optimize scheduling and efficiencies within the SRC department.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for the recruitment, training, evaluation, scheduling and supervision of the SRC staff.
- Auditing the SRC team for compliance to departmental scheduling and follow-up policies. Reviews staff productivity and addresses accordingly with the SRC’s.
- Working directly with referring provider offices and hospital staff to facilitate referrals or address concerns
- Alongside the billing team, the SRC manager is responsible for ensuring the SRC staff is appropriately educated regarding billing processes, including documentation guidelines and appropriate billing and coding of services.
- Holding regular staff meetings to keep staff informed about new policies and procedures, insurance info, memos, etc.
- Can handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously
- Works efficiently
- Able to effectively deal with employees
- Willing to train personnel
*Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer*
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 615
Tarrytown, NY 10591