ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly full-time Allergy Nurse Floater for our Westchester, Bronx, Rockland office locations.
- This position reports to the Senior Nurse and Medical Director of Allergy and Immunology. The purpose of this position is to provide full time nursing support services to the allergy physician.
- This is a full-time
- Qualified candidate must have their own transportation, clean driver's license and travel to all office locations in Westchester, Putnam, Orange and Dutchess Counties
- Review schedule and direct patients to appropriate office location (shot room, testing, physician treatment room)
- Take patient vital signs
- Perform spirometries
- Apply first set testing and read test results
- Apply second set testing and read test results
- Review treatment log and administer allergy immunotherapy
Other Clinical Services:
- Set up allergy treatment rooms for the day’s services
- Set out Quin-test tray for treatment rooms
- Prepare serum trays, syringes, gauze and alcohol for allergy shot rooms
- Refill testing trays, as needed
- Review and implement anaphylaxis protocol, as needed
- Re-stock Banyan Kit, as needed
- Maintain post-injection resting rooms, restock patient information brochures, etc.
- Respond to patient telephone inquiries, as directed
- Review status of supplies and communicate needs to Senior Nurse:
- Allergy serums
- Medical supplies – Quin-tests, syringes, spirometry mouthpieces
- Educational allergy information
- Miscellaneous supplies
- Restock rooms, as needed:
- Sample medication closets
- Medical supplies – Quin-tests, exam gowns, syringes, etc.
- Send out consultation letters to referring physicians
- File all transcriptions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of patients
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meaningfully interact
- RN or LPN license required
- Must have own transportation and valid driver license
- Able to commute 50 miles round trip per day
We offer a competitive salary and superior benefits package, including medical and dental coverage.
Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Tel: (914) 333-5800
Fax: (914) 333-2540