ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly full time IT Field Technician for the night shift.
The Field Technician’s role is to ensure proper PC systems, related peripherals, common software programs and Operating Systems, LAN/WAN operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks at our remote office locations. Familiarity with internal computer components and repair skills for desktops, laptops, tablet PCs, PDA's, servers and laser printers.
This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving remote office location end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
The Night Shift is from 3:30PM to 12:00 am Monday through Friday and adds the following responsibilities:
First Level Helpdesk Support
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, office location, contact information, and nature of problem/issue, requests, and questions and enters that information into the Connect wise Helpdesk System in a clear and concise manner.
- Resolve all level 1 issues which includes but is not limited to: adding/removing printers, unfreezing users, reporting copier issues to canon, and Microsoft office issues.
- Helps to keep IT rooms cleaned and organized when time permits
- Open tickets with service providers for sites with issues
- Dispatch for onsite office issues
- Maintenance at locations which cannot be done during the day
- Additional knowledge required of Sleep Department which is active during this period
- Travel to all remote office locations
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately perform inventory and asset recording
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified candidates will have 3+ years experience with PC systems, related peripherals, common software programs and Operating Systems
- Associates Degree or above
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems
- A+ Certification preferred
- Network+ Certification or equivalent preferred
- Drivers license
- Position will require travel and may require use of personal vehicle
- May be required to work past end of scheduled shift if priority demands
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
We offer a superior benefits package, including excellent medical and dental coverage.
Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591