ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking an Authorized Sleep Technologist - Site Administrator for our White Plains Hospital location.
- The Site Administrator is responsible for the day to day operations of the Sleep Center; works under the indirect supervision of Sleep Management of ENT & Allergy Assoc
- Works in the sleep center at White Plains Hospital in accordance with established policies and procedures and as prescribed by a physician; has prior polysomnographic training and is able to perform all job functions of a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist; has an understanding of scoring and interpretation of polysmnograms and their use in the diagnosis of patient with sleep disorders.
- This individual will interact with patients of all ages as well as ENTA and Hospital staff. The Site Administrator will practice this profession in such capacities as are prescribed by NYS Law, Title VIII Education Law.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 years experience in sleep center preferred. Minimum level of Education: Associate’s degree or RPSGT certification.
Licensure/Registration/Certification: Basic Life Support certified. Must be RPSGT credentialed or equivalent. Must be fully Authorized in NY State as a Polysomnographic Technologist or Licensed in NY State as a Respiratory Therapist.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: ENT & ALLERGY ASSOC. SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Work Experience: Five years direct sleep experience, proficiency in scoring sleep. Must have a minimum of 6 months experience under direct supervision by management of ENT & Allergy Assoc. or previous management experience.
Physical & Other Factors: Subject to muscular strain of lifting or moving patients, supplies, and equipment. Sits, walks or stands for long intervals of time.
Work & Environmental Conditions: Subject to infectious diseases and environmental hazards of sterilization procedures. Generally works in a clean, well-lighted, heated and ventilated health care facility.
Job Relationships (Responsible to/for, works with):
- Is responsible to the administrative and technical direction of the ENT and Allergy Associates Director of Night and Day Sleep Services; the medical supervision is provided by the Medical Director of the Sleep Center in the hospital sleep center.
- Works with Administration of White Plains Hospital. Must follow the policies and procedures of White Plains Hospital; including but not limited to: emergency, resuscitation, fire, OSHA, barrier precautions, HIPPA, security and policies specific to the Sleep Center. Works cooperatively with physicians, administration, the billing office, and other personnel of WPH.
Is responsible for assisting the Director in the management and the delegation of the following activities:
- Directs the following personnel: Scorers, Technicians/Technologists,
- Personnel management (interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, evaluation, disciplinary actions, staff development and inservice programs, competency and certification programs, licensure, etc.)
- Staff schedule development and implementation
- After-business hours patient and clinical support
- Oversees and assists in the scoring of studies and interpretations by the physicians
- Performance improvement programs (implementation, oversight, and reporting) and QA reporting
- Policy and procedure (implementation and oversight)
- Payroll preparation
- Billing for services, equipment, supplies, activities and monitoring
- Sleep Center equipment management (evaluates and recommends purchase, monitors use and function)
- Liasons with supply companies such as other DME suppliers and mask and equipment vendors
- Promotion of and education about sleep services to external and internal referral sources and to the general community
- Participates with clinical evaluation, diagnostic and therapeutic testing, home therapy, patient education and PAP compliance management.
- Assists in producing budgets, including revenue projections, position control and expense projection. Assists in purchasing capital equipment.
- Liaison between physicians, patients and employees
- Supports the company’s commitment to service excellence and patient satisfaction
- Monitors safety, infection control and quality practices
- Monitors adherence to requirements of policy and procedures as required by regulatory agencies (AASM, The Joint Commission, HIPAA, etc.)
- Participates in on-site surveys by regulatory agencies
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of new programs and service enhancements
- Implements and follows up on physician orders
- Collects, reviews, analyzes and integrates patient information.
- Obtains compliance data and monitors and reports on patient adherence to prescribed treatment
- Communicates effectively and professionally with the patient’s healthcare team regarding new or continued symptoms, treatment concerns or management of optimal care
- Applies principles of motivational teaching to facilitate patient self-management
- Manages patient outcomes database
- Records and responds to patient complaints
(All positions are under the administrative and technical direction of the ENT and Allergy Associates Director of Sleep Diagnostics)
*Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer*
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591