ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking an Authorized Sleep Scoring Technologist for our New York Eye and Ear Infirmary location.
Full Time - Onsite
A Polysomnographic Scoring Technologist works under the general supervision of the clinical director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This involves scoring of polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services, and requires an advanced understanding of scientific knowledge and theory related to sleep disorders. Provides feedback to night technicians regarding study quality as needed.
Primary Population Served:
Gather and Assess Patient Information
• Collect, assess, and integrate patient information in order properly prepare reports, and to assist interpreting physician with study analysis.
• Complete and verify documentation.
Polysomnographic Record Scoring and Report Generation
• Score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines.
• Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb
movements, arousals etc.) according to center specific protocols and AASM standards.
• Generate accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data and summarizing clinical history.
• Data entry of completed sleep study results.
• Provide feedback on study quality to Site Administrator / recording technicians / technologists as needed.
• Strong ability to use analytical and critical thinking skills to score sleep studies and to effectively problem-solve.
• Effective interaction and communication (oral, writing, presenting) skills.
• Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Ability to work cooperatively within the health-system, and with patients, family members, co-workers, and multidisciplinary team members (i.e., Physicians, Patient Care Services staff members, etc.).
• Ability to utilize effective time management to set priorities, perform job related responsibilities, and respond quickly to emergency situations.
Service Management and Professional Issues
• Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding
safety and infection control issues.
• Obtain 10 CECs in Sleep annually.
• Maintain current CPR or BCLS certification.
• Demonstrate effective written and spoken communication skills.
• Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
• Comply with the Standards of Conduct of the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements:
• Authorization in NY State as a Polysomnographic Technologist required.
• Additional Licensure in NJ State as a Polysomnographic Technologist preferred.
• Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist or equivalent preferred.
• Current CPR/BLS required.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
Must be able to speak, write, understand and communicate the English language. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and managerial staff.
(All positions are under the administrative and technical direction of the ENT and Allergy Associates Director of Sleep Diagnostics)
*Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer*
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591