ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly full time Sleep Referral Coordinator for our Corporate Office located in Tarrytown.
Job Responsibilities/ Requirements
- Referral received via fax/task to Sleep Referral Coordinator.
- Patient is searched in NextGen and if found information is verified to ensure that information is accurate.
- If a new patient; we create a patient chart in NextGen and enter all information.
- If patients is referred from an ENT and Allergy Physician the patient’s Chart note and requisition is pulled from EHR.
- The system automatically creates a sleep patient file in sleep patient files.
- Patient is called to confirm that there was a referral received and to schedule test. If authorization is required, we confirm receipt of the referral and inform the patient that we will call back to schedule when the authorization is received.
- If the patient was not referred from an ENT and Allergy physician the patient’s demographics and insurance information will need to be confirmed at this time.
- The patient’s added on the calendar and all information is entered in the NAD Sleep Management template in NextGen.
- Patient is asked a series of questions and given information on what they can expect during their sleep study.
- The patient is sent a confirmation letter for their appointment via mail/email.
- The referral/script and demo sheet is printed and emailed to the hospital admitting staff or placed in the FTP folder for the hospital admitting staff.
- If additional information is required the admitting officer will call and request. The SRC is responsible for obtaining information from referring MD or patient.
- The technician schedule must concur with the patient schedule.
- Patients who have been called two or more times will be notified by mail that we have been unable to contact them.
- An unable to contact patient letter will be mailed/tasked to the referring MD.
- If a patient has declined the referring MD will also be notified in writing.
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner.
- Pick up messages and return calls in a timely manner.
- As patients are scheduled, patient demographics and patient calendar must be forwarded to the Hospital Admitting Department.
- Obtain benefit/coverage information and authorization, if required.
- In the event that a patient is not split and Referring MD is requesting a TTR a copy of the polysomnography is faxed to the insurance before authorization can be obtained.
- Call the insurance company and update authorizations for patients that did not meet lab guidelines to be split or met emergency split guidelines.
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage.
Please note: ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is an E-Verify employer.
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP is the largest and most comprehensive ear, nose, throat, allergy and audiology practice in the nation with 40 offices and over 150 physicians. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT, Voice and Swallowing, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials.
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, or to conveniently find an ENT doctor or Allergy Doctor and then easily book an appointment at the nearest New York or New Jersey location, please visit: www.entandallergy.com or contact us at:
ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP
560 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Tel: (914) 333-5800
Fax: (914) 333-2540